Sleeping with socks on does have health benefits. Many people could not sleep due to cold and especially when their feet are cold, its hard to sleep, because cold disturbs your blood circulation. So that means before going to sleep warm your feet, that will help your brain to receive a signal, that it’s dreaming time. This has also been proved by a study by National Sleep Foundation.
There can’t be any other easy option to warm your feet by wearing socks, right? It easy…and safe way to keep your feet warm the whole night. There are a lot of other methods like a heating blanket, hot water bottle or rice socks may be options but they are risky enough, can overheat and get burned.
There are other benefits other than sleep from wearing socks. Stay with us to know how this habit can change your life.
Sleeping with socks on…Should I?
There are some extra benefits of wearing socks at night, other than keeping your feet and body warm.
- Prevent hot flashes: Wearing socks can help in cooling core body temperature.
- Get Rid of Cracked Heels: Do you want to get rid of your cracked heels? If yes, then start wearing socks, especially cotton socks. Don’t forget to moisturize your feet. Moisturizing feet can help your heels from drying out.
- Increase Orgasms: This is strange right! But true. If you feel difficulty in achieving an orgasm, your socks can help you. Thank us later. This has also been proved by research. BBC has confirmed that people wearing socks increased their ability to achieve orgasm fast.
- Controls Raynaud’s attack: In this disease, your toes and fingers are mostly affected. Wearing socks can be beneficial and can prevent this disease by keeping your feet warm and also help in good blood circulation. If you don’t wear socks while sleeping, we hope that you will start wearing them from now.
I don’t know what socks to wear?
Do you know which sock can be worn while sleeping? You can wear socks made of natural soft fibres such as wool or cashmere. They can be a little heavy on your pocket but they are worth the extra money you pay. Socks made of artificial fibre and cotton are some other options but they are not as good as the other ones. They are cheap as well.
Keep in mind that, always buy socks that are loose and not tight fit. You do not want to restrict your blood circulation rather you want to increase.
If you want to enhance circulation
- You can massage your feet before going to bed.
- Use natural creams or oils which can improve your blood circulation. One of the options is capsaicin cream and you can also add this cream to your normal moisturizer of oil. This will help to boost the blood flow the whole night.
- One thing I hate about winters is wearing clothes. But you can use this trick to warm your socks. Before going to bed, sit on them or just use your hairdryer before putting them on.
If you feel like your feet are overheating, just kick off your socks and sleep without them. This can be the downside of wearing socks while sleep.
Have you heard about Compression socks?
Just avoid them, until your doctor or physician has prescribed you. They are known to improve blood circulation but not during sleep or at night. They move or circulate blood away from your feet. That’s totally against our purpose right.
( Also Read: 12 Benefits of Sleeping Naked | Naked Truth )
How to make your own rice socks
If you haven’t heard about rice socks, you can try making them, especially if a hot bath and foot bath is not possible for you. So, what you will need:
- Sturdy socks
- Rubber bands
- First of all, pour 3 cups of rice into each sock.
- Now, close the mouth of the sock with the rubber band.
- You need to cook the rice..No just kidding. You need to heat up the rice socks in the microwave oven for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Take out after 2 -3 minutes and put under the blankets next to your cold feet.
Things to avoid
- You do not need to cook the socks in the oven. Do not overheat in the oven that can become a fire hazard.
- If you have skin sensitivity issues, do not use them, you could get burned.
- Not recommended for children and older adults. There is a risk of burning accidents.
Are there other ways to keep your feet warm
To fight insomnia and fatigue, warm foot baths can be the best option, especially for people who are going through chemotherapy. If you cant sleep with your cold body temperature, take a hot bath, or even a foot bath can do the job. There isn’t any medication involved in this process so, it’s a completely safe and natural solution.
Some stubborn feet are cold every time and If your feet are so, there is some problem with your blood circulation. Consult your doctor if you have any problem related to blood circulation or maybe diabetes.
Can children and infants sleep with socks on?
Yes, it’s safe. It is recommended to avoid electric blankets or any other heating devices before going to bed. Wearing socks or taking a warm bath or foot bath is the best and safe option especially for kids.
If you are using a hot water bottle, be sure that the temperature of the water is safe and make sure there isn’t direct contact with the bottle and the skin. Check the cap of the bottle. It should not leak.
Always check these signs in your child:
- red flushed cheeks
- crying and fidgeting
On noticing these above signs in your child, remove additional clothes, blankets or any other heating device right away.
Before going to bed, warm up your feet so that you could asleep fast and you can also shorten the amount of time needed to Sleep. This way you will get quality sleep. If you are wearing socks to warm up your feet, always wear soft and comfortable ones. Do not wear socks, which could irritate you while asleep. You want a peaceful sleep, not a disturbing one. Always look for medical experts if you have any circulation problem, which might be the reason that your feet are cold and do not get warm despite sleeping with socks on.
1 thought on “Benefits of Sleeping with Socks On | Takeaway”
Pingback: Benefits of Sleeping with Socks On | Takeaway |...