Sea Food Dishes You Must Try
- GINGER PRAWNS
This is the chef’s speciality and our favourite one as well. This is the most loved recipe and is a delicious spin on regular seafood with prawns cooked in ginger and different spices leaving to its unique taste.
- Prawns: 1/2 kg
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon + 1/2 to 1/4th teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: 1/4th teaspoon
- Spices/garam masala powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil: 1/2 cup
- Remove the veins of prawns.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder to the prawns.
- Leave for about half an hour and wash thoroughly to remove the smell of prawns.
- Add 1/2 to 1/4th teaspoon salt or add salt as per the taste (prawns were already marinated with salt and then washed, be careful while adding salt)
- Add black pepper powder and spices or garam masala powder.
- Mix well and leave for about half an hour.
- After half an hour of marination, add oil to a pan.
- Add the marinated prawns (prawns will leave the water).
- Semi fry the prawns on both sides till the water is dried(keep the lid closed while semi frying so that the prawns get tender).
- When the prawns appear crispy, remove them from the pan and keep them aside.
- PRAWN RED CURRY
Doesn’t sounds delicious? It’s a unique and easy to cook recipe. You need eastern spices to cook this dish. Packed with lots of flavours and if you are a spicy food lover then this is for you. You can serve this curry with rice as well and we hope that this will be a hit for all the seafood lovers.
- Prawns – 500 grams
- Onions fine chopped – 2 small
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 Tsp
- Fine Chopped tomatoes – 2 Small
- Green Chillies – 2
- Salt – To Taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Coriander Powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Coconut Milk – 1 Cup
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tsp Chopped
- Oil – 2 Tsp
- Shell and wash the prawns and Let the water drain from the prawns.
- Chop the onions and the tomatoes, slit and cut the green chillies.
- Take out coconut milk from a quarter of coconut.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a Pan and add the chopped onions.
- Fry on medium to low heat till translucent (around 10-12 mins) and then add the green chillies.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste. Mix and fry for around 2 mins till the raw smell is gone.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, mix and add the salt and cook for around 5 mins till tomatoes are soft enough.
- Add all the powders other than garam masala powder.
- Mix and add half a cup of water. Cook on medium heat for around 2-3 mins till the masalas are cooked.
- Now add the prawns and mix well. Fry for around 5 mins on medium heat.
- Add the coconut milk, let it come to a boil, lower the heat and cover & cook for around 10 mins.
- Now add the garam masala powder, mix & sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and serve with Roti or Rice.
- FRIED FISH
Seafood is incomplete without fish. It’s one of the famous seafood of all times. In cities like Karachi, it is everyone’s favourite and one of the unique fried fish in the city of Lights is Bohra Fried Fish, which is a famous dish of the Karachi Bohra Community. It is different from regular fried fish and is quite similar to a croquette. It is often served as an appetizer at functions and parties.
- Pangasius Fish, Fillet – half kg
- Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Egg – 1
- Vinegar – 1 Tsp
- Bread Crumbs – 1 Cups
- Salt – to taste
- Chilli flakes – 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl add garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, lemon juice, egg, vinegar and whisk well.
- Now add the fillets to the mixture and coat well.
- Cover and it marinates for 30 minutes.
- Combine breadcrumbs with salt, chilli flakes, and mix.
- Now coat the marinated fish fillets in the crumbs.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry until golden brown.
- Take out on tissue paper so that the excess oil is soaked.
- PRAWN KARAHI
This is a perfect dish who loves karahi and a perfect one in winters to enjoy the delicacy. The main ingredients are fresh prawn sauteed in different spices, yoghurt and tomatoes and served with naan.
- Half Kg Peeled & Deveined Baby Shrimps
- Heat the pan, add two tbs water, put raw shrimps, and cook till any liquid dries out. drain and keep aside.
- Add 1/2 cup oil to the pan
- Add 1 medium sliced onion
- Add 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- Add a pinch of Cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground red chilli
- Add 1/2 cup water and mix ingredients
- Add 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Add a pinch of ground garam masala
- Add 2 medium size sliced tomatoes
- Salt, to taste
Add a quarter cup water, cover with lid and cook on medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the lid, if there is water, turn on the heat and dry the masala. Add 6 large sliced green chillies Keep Stirring and Add 4 tbsp oil Add the partially cooked shrimps and cook on high heat for 2 min. Reduce heat and Simmer for 30 seconds. Garnish with 1 tsp of julienne ginger and green coriander. Serve it hot. Goes well with Naan/Roti and steamed rice.